Design Parquet is committed to an eco-responsible environmental approach, and proves it through several commitments.
To ensure the long-term future of our business, Design Parquet obtained PEFC and FSC certification in 2007 as part of our commitment to eco-responsible forest management. These certifications show that Design Parquet produces parquet using wood from sustainably managed forests and does not use wood from deforestation or “illegal” sources.
Each member of the company has his own role to play: the buyer must ensure that the supplier is documented and legitimate; the production department must ensure that the wood used is identified from A to Z; and the sales department checks the sales documents. Everything is checked by the person in charge of the chain of custody, who makes sure that all the procedures are followed by everyone.
PEFC Certification: Guarantee of Quality and Controlled Origin
Design Parquet is PEFC certified (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification). This certification guarantees that our products meet the strictest standards in terms of sustainable forest management and the traceability of wood from the forest to the finished product.
The FSC label, for sustainable forest management
Design Parquet is FSC-certified (Forest Stewardship Council). We are committed to using wood from FSC-certified sources, which means that our wood comes from sustainably managed forests. By choosing our FSC parquet floor, you are helping to preserve forest ecosystems, protect biodiversity and combat deforestation.
Our eco-responsible environmental approach.
At Design Parquet, our commitment doesn’t stop with our certifications. We are constantly striving to improve our practices to reduce our environmental footprint.
- In 2007, Design Parquet invested in a new finishing technology to reduce its VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions.
- Design Parquet encourages its suppliers to develop non-polluting products by letting them carry out tests on its finishing line.
- Design Parquet has been sorting its waste for several years to enable it to be recycled.
- Design Parquet has invested in a 3000m² HQE (High Environmental Quality) classified storage building.
- Design Parquet has signed a balance+ contract with EDF, with EDF paying a share of the funding for the CISEL project (development of photovoltaic energy).
- Design Parquet is working on the optimisation of materials.
Design Parquet has drawn up a policy statement which is available from our sales department. Please send us your request via our contact form.